GIVING THANKS IN A TIME OF SHAKING
Apostle Daniel Blanton
Read Hebrews 12:25-28.
The phrase - “as of things that are made” is translated in other versions using the word CREATED. This - created - gives broad reference to things made by man that are not relevant to the Kingdom of God. That is, they are man or carnally centered, not of the Holy Spirit in application.
The word SHAKE/SHOOK in the Greek gives broad reference to “ROCK, VIBRATE SIDEWAYS OR TO AND FRO, TO AGITATE (in any direction; cause to tremble); TO THROW INTO A TREMOR (of fear or concern) QUAKE.”
What I presently share with you is not centered on my personal political view. Rather it is my direction to quickly give you some spiritual insight which alerts your cause to give thanks to God. Who would deny the recent Presidential election produces a significant shaking in America? This shaking is noted in the tenacious rhetoric between liberals and conservatives that fuels feelings of prejudice, disappointment, separation, and such that should have been put aside long ago by a voting public that declares itself to be “ONE NATION UNDER GOD.” The shaking in these areas are attempts to change the view, decision or opinion of an opposing. These political views and subsequent feelings are man’s creations on earth that need shaking to determine Spiritual truth by that which remains beyond and above the fray. God allows theses things to happen as a matter of course to fulfill His ultimate vision. His ultimate vision is the Kingdom of God on earth to be governed by a Spiritual Bride Groom and His multi-faceted, multi-cultural, multi-geographical Bride. I want you to recognize that Jesus came to earth during the age of Rome’s government which influenced most of the known world. LISTEN NOW! Rather than using a man made political machine to change the views of Rome against Christianity, God allowed their views to collide as a means of bringing His eternal plan into greater focus in that generation. This meant Jesus had to fulfill His mission centered in the Cross of Calvary.
Some signs of a present day shaking are seen in:
- the coast to coast demonstration by a segment of Sodom/Gomorrah (I mean America) showing their displeasure of being held by the majority to an absolute Biblical standard concerning marriage.
- the readjustment and accusatory verbiage heard coming from the conservatives.
- the gloating and accusatory verbiage heard coming from the liberals.
- the defunct pledge of change in America noted in the redressing by an incoming President of a past administration whose leader was impeached. Politics as usual! Where is God in all of this? For what can I possibly give Him thanks? What is His mind? What is the Church to do in the midst of a “NATION UNDER GOD” that now seems to totally ignore His voice for insight and direction?
- Spiritual aimlessness is a present day mantle which gives purpose to redefining religion into a personal conclusion. Many homes are without spiritual direction, children wander hopelessly in cyber space playing cyber games among themselves and among adults that should know better. People search for a “new Church” wherein dress does not matter, tithing does not matter, personal responsibility does not matter, spiritual accountability does not matter, raising children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord does not matter.
One on the main reasons for a lot of this confusion is noted in people who try to “fit” their personal thoughts and needs into either a conservative or a liberal cloak so they can then plug into a majority. Let us all remind ourselves of the politics of our spiritual leader, Jesus Christ, the Risen One! Conservatives never see Him as liberal, but He is. Liberals never see Him as conservative, but He is.
You can witness His liberal side when He faced the woman taken in adultery. She should have been stoned (according to the view of the conservatives who brought her to Jesus) but she wasn’t. The “law” as outlined by the conservatives demanded she be killed. But the liberal, all knowing YAHshua freed her of her accusers and from herself. How could He do that? Did He personally violate the Law? Of course not! He did recognize the hedges and fences placed around the Law by generational Rabbis to which He responded, “You have heard of old, but I tell you” - and He spoke of the real hedge or fence around adultery (lust) and murder (hate.)
You can witness His conservative side as He fulfills the Law and the Prophets. That which man filtered to his own taste by the implantation of hedges and fences was dusted off, re-examined in and by the Holy Spirit in Christ, and lived as an example among all who thought He was a loon. He lived the requirements of the Law, not to man’s satisfaction, but to God’s.
Contrary to God’s pleasure, men who declare themselves to be spiritual continue to live on one side or the other of the straight and narrow path required by the Gospel. On one side are liberals and on the other side are the conservatives. Listen, the Church is called to walk on the straight and narrow path allowing God to direct us, allowing God to select, allowing God’s purpose to be our focus. Only a constant and sure shaking by God who uses His Word against the affairs of man will produce the spotless, submissive, centrist Church who will fulfill the total desire of our King. In this regard, God continues to speak against those things man has created by which he governs himself. Honestly look at the “fall out”, that is, what has been shaken in/by these times. What remains beyond the political stance of man is then seen as the undeniable unshakeable Kingdom of God.
GIVING THANKS IN A TIME OF SHAKING
- for a sure path of GRACE whose purpose cannot be denied.
- the Holy Spirit who guides us into all truth as we are led on this path.
- a true promise that never changes, is never redressed, is never old and worn out, but is constantly new. He will
- friends in the Holy Spirit who understand the signs of the times in your life and are not afraid to pray for you.
- a Pastor’s heart fashioned after that of Jesus Christ.
- the honor to praise the Lord in the midst of storms and their aftermath.
- financial security anchored by your tithing and submission
- the answers to your present prayers. This you know to be sure because of those prayers the Lord has already answered.
- a Church with and of dedicated friends who stick by you.
- the opportunity to be vulnerable with a God who understands
- the opportunity to be vulnerable with a friend who understands.
- a job granted by God and protected by your obedience in covenant with Him.
- a Psalm, a Hymn, a Spiritual thought that invades you heart in the times of being shaken.
- a steadfast spirit to stand, having done all to stand.
- healings, prosperity, security, a future.
- the collective Church in America who continues to pray, to believe and to live Truth as the present day witness of Christ.
- a true understanding of life neither slanted by conservative or liberal views, but rather slanted by the views of the Holy
- the understanding that the world’s politics are a necessary means by which man governs himself and that their
allowance by God must be punctuated by Spiritual Truth. This Truth is centered in God’s Word by whose influence
must be the only persuasion that governs our vote.
- choice, freedom, family, friends (saved and unsaved)
- the opportunity and ability to be instant in season, and out.